Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

More DWTS update and Into the Woods

So, last night I watched the second night of Dancing with the Stars and wow, wow, wow. I am totally crushing on Robert Herjavec, Michael Sam and Noah Galloway. And maybe a little on Riker Lynch. AND I was uber - UBER - disappointed that RedFoo is gone. I like him so much and wanted to see him continue. So, that sucked. Everyone was dancing great, btw.

But, and this is a big but, I felt real bad for Charlotte McKinney. I do not understand why people have to be so damn cruel - like others don't have feelings. She received loads of cyber-bullying hate-crap on various social media sites which I think is just shit. She's a sweet girl who can not help that she has the body she has and does not deserve that kind of abuse. It takes so little to be nice, so why do people think that it's ok to act like that, to treat others like that? I just don't get it. I know I'm preaching to the choir, cuz I'm certain that my peeps are not like that at all. :)

Now, on to Into the Woods. It was released yesterday and I couldn't wait to rush out and buy it. And then I was hard pressed to not watch it that afternoon and instead wait till my guy got home to watch with him, but somehow I had that restraint (applause please). And then I watched it and OMG!!! So good. So very, very good.

No spoilers, so don't fret if you haven't seen it yet.

First off, it actually made me cry at one point toward the end (it involves Emily Blunt) - you'll know the scene when you see it. I hate crying, but any movie that can sneak up on me and get me to tears is pretty damn good. Just saying. I'm not that kind of gooey. My nearest and dearest can attest to that.

Second, Chris Pine as Prince Charming? Oh thank you movie gods that made that match in heaven. He is so totally delicious, it's criminal. Best line ever, "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." Seriously, best line ever! A vapid prince - I love it.

My only regret is that there isn't more of Johnny Depp as the Wolf.

The music, the cast (incredible cast - too many to name), the story, the incredible weaving together of classic story tales. It was all so amazing. I will be watching this several more times in the very near future. Several more times. Very, very near future. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment