Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Friday, March 13, 2015

Austin Powers and Mike Myers

I think Mike Myers is all kinds of genius. I do. Wayne Cambell. Shrek. His stints on SNL. His Canadian sports commentator in Mystery, Alaska.  Playing his character's father in So I Married An Ax Murderer. And of course, Austin Powers. Definitely Austin Powers.  

After seeing Kingsmen: The Secret Service which I felt was a nice blend of Austin Powers and James Bond, I had to get me an Austin fix. I'm sad to announce that my significant other had not seen any Austin Powers, but he enjoyed it immensely. I'm still working on his film and television education. He had many deprived years for which I am trying to compensate.

Anywho, we came straight home from the Kingsmen and watched the first Austin Power's movie., Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery. And though I'm not such a fan of the second film, Goldmember, we did get Mini-Me and Nigel Powers out of it, so that's a plus. On the flip side, I'm not a big fan of Beyonce and Fat Bastard was kind of gross.

Standouts:
- Mimi Rogers is so pretty. I love her mouth. I dunno what else to say about that.
- The naked moments with strategic prop placement. So funny and well done.
- Scott Evil. Could Seth Green be any cuter than as Scott Evil? I don't think so. In the first movie, when he and Dr. Evil are in father/son counseling? OMG, fuuny!
- The incredible casts across all three films.
- Hooray for Dr.Evil and Mini Me. Cuz you cannot get enough Dr. Evil. Truly. He cracks me up all the time and then to have Verne Troyer's mini version. Love it!
- The Fembots with their nipple guns.... LMAO.
- That Austin is able to short circuit the fembots with his sex appeal... LMFAO.



No comments:

Post a Comment