Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Monday, March 16, 2015

Battle Creek

This is going to be a TV week. Four new shows.

First up, Battle Creek. I've been jazzed to watch Battle Creek for a couple months. CBS has been pimping it for quite a while and I'm glad cuz maybe that will mean they'll keep it around for a while. Why, you ask? Let me tell you. :)

The cast. Josh Duhamel has been around for a while now and what's not to love. He's tall and handsome and a good actor and yummy and he kicked ass all over the Decepticons in the Transformer movies and he was completely endearing as a RomCom lead in Life as We Know It. All around good stuff.

And then there's Dean Winters. Who else completely loved - LOVED - him as Mayhem in the Allstate commercials? Brilliant! He's got a long list of roles, more in TV than movies, but still, I'm thrilled the man is finally getting some well-deserved focus as a lead (besides Mayhem) and not just as one in an ensemble cast or in secondary and tertiary roles. He's yummy too... actually even more yummy than the delicious Josh Duhamel, but I like rougher than prettier. Just saying. And there is a character in the show, Holly (played by Aubrey Dollar), who agrees with me.

Also, I love it when we get unconventional settings. Anyone can do New York or Los Angeles, but Battle Creek, Michigan? Yes! That's what I'm talking about.

It's a cop-buddy show. Love cop shows and buddy journeys. These two have a grudging respect for each other despite the vast differences between their styles. It's almost Oscar and Felix with badges.

The supporting cast has Kal Penn, Grapevine and Liza Lapira and more.... I like the entire cast.

Anywho, I really like the show and am looking forward to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment