Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Big Hero 6

Hopefully the comic book purists won't burn me in effigy for this, but I scanned some background on the Marvel comic series of Big Hero 6 and I'm glad they morphed it into the animated feature film it became (and won the Oscar for Best Animated Feature). And maybe I'm totally out in left field (not unheard of at all) and the movie did the comic books credit - I really have no clue.

What I do know is that I thought the movie was wicked cute and Baymax is the sweetest darn robot out there. Although in a quick tangent, Chappie the robot in the movie Chappie may come close -but I may not be able to see that one for a while because it looks like a serious tear jerker. And movies that take creatures out of their element or create something unique and then crucify said unique thing for being what it is (King Kong, the Jurassic Park dinosaur they bring to Los Angeles, Johnny five in Short Circuit, Ceasar in Rise of the Planet of the Apes for a few). It just puts my panties in a real twist we when punish others for our own stupidity. Tangent (rant) over.

So Baymax.... seriously.... the voice, the behaviors, the care. So. Freaking. Cute!

The whole story was a good one. Heartfelt, had a message, features regular people becoming super heroes. Just all around cute and better than I had expected. I think this one is under-rated and under-appreciated. So, unless you're like my mom who finds anything animated anathema, do yourself a favor and give this one  watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment