Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Sunday, March 28, 2010

"Zathura"

Remember Jumanji with Robin Williams? OK - jump ahead ten years and put it in space and you have Zathura. It's basically about two brothers, age 6 & 10, who have to survive a game that puts them in dangerous situation after dangerous situation - in space. It wasn't as big a success as Jumanji, but just as good to my mind. Why you ask...well let me tell you.

1. Jon Favreau directed it. You may remember he recently directed Ironman.
2. It has Dax Shepard. I may be a little biased here as I have a bit of a crush on him. You may know him from When in Rome or currently the TV show, Parenthood.
3. The brothers - Josh Hutcherson and Jonah Bobo. Josh has quite an extensive list of movies most recently Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant and Journey to the Center of the Earth, but by far my favorite is Little Manhattan (I'll have to discuss this one later). Jonah Bobo is probably the cutest kid ever - seriously - he is completely adorable and also does a great acting job.

4. For Twihards, Kristen Stewart (you know...Bella...from Twilight) plays the sister and even gets frozen.
5. Tim Robbins plays the dad, and Peter Billingsley (the kid from A Christmas Story) is a co-producer.
6. Finally, they completely destroy the house throughout the course of the movie - literally! Jon Favreau is an advocate of practical stunts, so the house set moves, tilts, and is physically destroyed by the end of the movie - soooo cool.

So, my thinking is - you should watch or re-watch. I just got done re-watching it and had so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment