Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Alcatraz versus Evil Librarians

This is just a fun read. I highly recommend this as a read for adults and kids. It's a young adult fantasy written by Brandon Sanderson. Some of you may know him for his own Mistborn series or perhaps a little thing he is writing - finishing Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.....

This is about a 13 year old boy, Alcatraz, who learns that the world as he (and we) knows it is actually far more extensive and that the evil librarians are controlling our knowledge. Alcatraz is in a constant state of having to readjust his view of everything. Brandon's imaginative use of this extra worldness is creative and wacky and terribly funny.

There are two more books currently available in this series - I can't wait to read them. Go find and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment