Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Monday, March 15, 2010

Several thoughts on assorted things

I don't know if I already mentioned it, but I had decided to track all the books I read this year, so I've been tracking that. I will occasionally update ya'll how that's going (mind you I'm reading very slowly these days). As of March 1st, I've also decided to track all the movies I watch (not TV shows - that would just be too much), so that too will be updated periodically.

On to other assorted things.
I watched "I Love You, Man" the other night and I was surprised that it wasn't nearly as stupid as I thought it was going to be. Mind you - I like "stupid" humor. It certainly had stupid humor in it and it wasn't the greatest movie ever made, but it had a nice little bit about friends and it wasn't as juvenile as one might think. Worth a watch.

A blast from the past - "The Talk of the Town" with Cary Grant, Ronald Coleman and Jean Arthur. AWESOME ( I wish you could hear the sing songy extension I gave this mentally). Cary Grant is a fugitive from the law hiding out in the home of Jean Arthur who has just rented said home to Ronald Coleman (dishy), a high falutin' legal eagle. Comedic mayhem ensues. Hunt it down - watch it!

That's all...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment