Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Thursday, February 4, 2010

What about Jeremy Renner...

With the Oscars coming in March and the nominations just out, lets look at one of the, perhaps, lesser know nominees for Best Actor (he was also up for a Golden Globe Best Actor). His nomination comes for starring in The Hurt Locker which I have not yet seen, but will soon - very soon.

I remember seeing Renner in North Country, S.W.A.T., The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, The Unusuals, and even an appearance on House, M.D.. There is something compelling about Renner that makes him hang out in my mind and jump at the opportunity to see him in something - anything.

He's really cute but not necessarily a classic hottie like George Clooney. In really good shape, but not necessarily mega-buff like Brad Pitt (Troy or Fight Club). But he is a good actor, a memorable actor that subliminally stays with you. He seems like just an everyday kind of guy you could easily hang with or have a lovely blind-date with (H - I do not want to hear about the sentence ending with "with").

I'm glad he is being recognized because this will bring him to light for an even greater audience than he has thus had which will hopefully then bring him even more great roles f or me to seek out. If you are not aware of Jeremy Renner, I suggest S.W.A.T. as an introduction or The Hurt Locker (since it's up for Best Picture and it really does look good).

No comments:

Post a Comment