Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Author Victoria Dahl

It is a lovely morning here in Salt Lake. Yes, it's cold and the ground is covered in snow, but I am huddled inside in comfy clothes writing and I have finally completed a challenging task that procrastination and illness have kept me from completing for several weeks - I wrote my fist synopsis. I am basking in the glow of this accomplishment. But thinking of things writerly, I want to share with anyone who enjoys romance an author that has quickly crept to the top of my list of favorite authors: Victoria Dahl.

I have now finished reading every book she has out (except the stories in anthologies - working on those next) and love them all - okay there is one I like a lot but don't love like I love the rest. But of her eight novels and one novella (not including the anthology stories), I think that's some pretty good stats. She writes both contemporary and historical. Her characters are rich and believable, the stories engrossing and funny, the sex steamy (sometimes uber steamy) and her voice is like wrapping yourself in a comfortable blanket you know and love. And since I've met her, I can tell you she is a genuinely nice person. She has a new trilogy coming out in 2011 I can hardly wait to buy and read as well a sequel in the wings I am eagerly awaiting.

If you like romance and great writing - do yourself a favor and check out Victoria Dahl at http://victoriadahl.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment