Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A marathon of movie thoughts

Over the holidays, 1) I didn't post anything, so I'm behind & 2) saw a ton of movies, so I'll do a quickie marathon of thoughts... I caught up on some DVDs and streaming movies as well - but today I'll focus on new releases.

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Pt 1: LOVED IT. Special effects rock, story and acting always rock, and it ends in a natural place - can't wait for Part 2 next summer.

Unstoppable: Stars Denzel Washington and Chris Pine (yummy). Really good - on the edge of my seat and couldn't sit still for all the action. And it's based on a real story.

Tangled: Rapunzel as only Disney can do it. Great movie. Laugh out loud funny, beautifully animated, our hero as voiced by Zachery Levi is delicious, and a tear-jerker as well (if my adult daughter, who was sobbing at certain points, is any measure). Not just for kids, folks (we had none with us).

Love & Other Drugs: Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway are wonderful in this. It's an emotional roller coaster full of gorgeous naked bodies (fun for all). I found it an interesting study on medicine, disease, doctors and sales people as well as being a really good love story. At the end - SPOILER ALERT - Jake's character turns out to be the perfect romantic hero as defined by romance writing dictates. I'd buy this one because it's so watchable and not just because I get to see so much of Jake (if you know what I mean).

No comments:

Post a Comment