Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

'Kinky Boots' not as kinky as it sounds

"Kinky Boots" is a fun, heart-warming and eye-opening movie based on a true story about a shoe factory and its people who have to undergo a dramatic change in order to stay in business.

Charlie runs the shoe factory and Lola is a drag queen, played beautifully by Chiwetel Ejiorfor (recently seen in the blockbuster "2012"), whose lives take new directions after an accidental meeting. I don't want to give away too much of the plot because this is worth watching.

I will say that the characters are real and relatable, the supporting cast terrific, and the movie has surprising layers to it. The movie, made in 2005, is both light and funny but also carries a subtle but serious message about acceptance and change through openess and knowledge. This is a movie for anyone who wants a few laughs, fine acting, and a few warm fuzzy feelings to boot. That's what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment