Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"In Her Eyes" by Joss Whedon

Wow... I've probably said before how much I adore Joss Whedon and pretty much anything he does. And today will be no different.

Joss Whedon is one of those rare talents whose every move is pretty freaking golden. This may be an over-exageration since I'm not personally familiar with Mr. Whedon nor am I privy to his private every-goings-on and he is human so we can assume that he does indeed make mistakes. But for the purposes of this conversation (you can speak up...) I will be indulging myself that he is kind of perfect.  Witness his brilliant answers to dumb questions about women.... and his body of work.

Yesterday, my besty, told me about a new movie by Joss Whedon. I watched the trailer and had to watch it immediately, so long story short, he told me I could watch it on Vimeo.com. Check it out. A free account and you can find indie type films that you might not find in the theaters. Anywho - this is where Joss Whedon put up this film and I'm just going to say again. Wow.

I rented it and watched it this morning. I want just a tiny sliver of the genius running through Whedon's every cell. The story is a metaphysical romance. Two people who can see through the others' eyes and talk to each other because they kind of live in each others heads.

Geez, I'm really torn right now. Because I want to talk about the movie but I don't want to spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it and, fingers crossed, will see it in the very near future.

Okay. I'm not going to give any details - so no spolier alerts - but I will say that the writing is great. The casting spot on. The insight into each other's lives would be a strange and interesting way to know someone and the self-analysis each goes through on their journey together is touching.

Just going to say, I loved it. Love Joss. Loved the concept and the realization.
See it, my peeps.  See it. Please. No, that's not begging. Maybe a little but really, do yourselves a favor and see it. Did I mention you should see it?  Yes!  See it!


No comments:

Post a Comment