Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Sunday, May 2, 2010

It was 'Werewolf' day on the SyFy Channel

Oh yeah, baby! Cheesy werewolf movies galore. Seriously, you gotta love the SyFy channel for keeping the B-Movie industry alive and kicking....And I can assure you I am doing my part too, by watching : )

I'd already seen Skinwalkers, so I didn't watch it again, but it has Elias Koteas and I like him. He was Casey Jones in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III and I love that. He was also recently in Shutter Island. It's OK as cheesy movies go.

I did watch Thor:Hammer of the Gods. It had Zachery Ty Bryan as Thor. You may remember him as the eldest of the three kids from the TV show Home Improvement with Tim Allen. The premise rocks - Vikings and werewolves on an island. And the dialogue making full use of Viking values is great, like when one brother says to another after a big battle, "It is a shame you did not die" because, as we all know, nothing is better than dying in battle so you can eat at the table of Odin in Valhalla. Heck yeah - crank up the cheese-o-meter and check it out.

And last but not least, War Wolves. This is about six soldiers fighting in some unknown middle eastern country get bit by 'the dog people' and come home, you guessed it, werewolves. Three girls and one guy embrace it, one we see off himself in the opening scene and one, Jake, battles 'turning' fully. The girls are hot. Jake is rocking a smoking hot bod (look past the hair) and wait for it cuz he doesn't take his shirt off till half way thru the flick (but it's so worth it when he does!). It has a pretty cool cast including an John Saxon, Tim Thomerson, and Adrienne Barbeau who is awesome. Not the greatest story line but it obviously didn't slow me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment