Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

TV shows and my DVR - a romance

Can I just say how much I could not live without my DVR? With TV seasons doing strange things like running all four seasons of the year and occasionally taking weeks off between new shows, I would be a basket case if I had to try and follow this stuff on my own.

I am old enough to remember when we had a small finite number of channels and the seasons all began and ended at the same time. Maybe you remember this distant time. The shows you watched were on without fail from roughly September to May. Simple. The summers were for reruns and that's it. I might have had six or seven shows I followed faithfully and I had to stay home to watch them. I knew what channel and night they were on and you can bet my schedule worked around them because if I missed it - I MISSED IT.

Now, we have an almost endless supply of channels and shows and they start and stop willy nilly throughout the year. My DVR will track 50 series for me and I have it maxed out. I almost need a second one to accommodate my voracious appetite. It's sad - really - I know this, but the thought really does cross my mind.

Now, life is different. I frequently don't know what channel or night anything comes on. I know that my DVR will grab and hold onto it for me. I LOVE THIS. If I do somehow miss a show - odds are I can soon watch it online as well. I don't have to worry about whether my show skipped a few weeks, or whether the new season has started, or whether I was out that night - it's all programmed safe and sound in my most beloved DVR.

Truly, this is the great love of my life - much better than men (most of the time). :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally with you! Remember how it used to be - am so glad it's not that way anymore! Gotta have my Survivor and Celeb Apprentice. Can't live without my Office and have you ever heard of the show Hoarders? Fascinating! And if it weren't for modern technology, I'd be a slave to the schedule.

    ReplyDelete