Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Monday, September 13, 2010

"Machete" and "The Expendables" again

Did a two-fer with a friend. We each chose one movie. I chose Machete and he chose The Expendables which I had no problem seeing again.

Machete has a terrific cast: Danny Trejo is Machete (Yay - he's finally the lead and gets all the girls and I'm not gonna lie - IS sexy in a non-conventional way). Also starring - Robert DeNiro, Michelle Rodriguez, Jessica Alba, Don Johnson, Cheech Marin, Steven Seagal, Jeff Fahey AND it's written/directed by Robert Rodriguez. It's uber violent, friends, there's a lot of blood, violence, guns, and machetes. It is also Awesome (imagine great background music playing as I say Awesome). And amidst all the blood spurting, heads rolling, political manipulating, bigoted haters, border control issues and Machete getting laid - a lot - there is a message. That message may vary depending on your personal stance - but there's one there none the less. It's over the top in every way possible yet still comes off as true. If any other this appeals to you - enthusiastically go see.

The Expendables - again. I already discussed this last time, but having seen it twice now. I loved it even more this time than I did the last time and that was already some pretty significant love. If you like action movies or any of these actions stars - just see it. I so have to own this one when it's released on DVD.

1 comment:

  1. I like Justin Long AND Drew Barrymore so that sounds like a fun movie! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete