Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Thursday, September 23, 2010

'Going the Distance', 'Easy A', and GMC

Let's start with Going the Distance, a movie starring Justin Long and Drew Barrymore and a host of other terrific actors. Very funny. Lots of colorful language, sexual situations, raunchy humor, and some drug use - there's your disclaimer if you needed one. But it's a very funny movie and I laughed lots. Justin Long is just so stinkin' cute - it's officially a crush (ok, it has been for a while now). Drew Barrymore - I didn't realize she had this side to her, but I like it! The supporting cast is awesome - this was well worth watching, if you don't mind any of the disclaimer stuff.

Easy A starring Emma Stone, who somehow manages to be beautiful, sexy, and cute all at the same time, is amazing. Also starring Thomas Haden Church in a smart and fun role (kind of sexy even) - not his usual dumb guy funny, Patricia Clarkson and Stanley Tucci are hilarious as the parents, and Amanda Bynes as a raving nut job. In small roles - Lisa Kudrow, Malcolm McDowell, Fred Armisen, and Cam Gigandet (you remember James from Twilight). This one seriously had me laughing thru the entire movie. It has a good message too, but don't hold that against it....it's so funny. Must see.

Now, I shall give a shout out for a writerly type book that is Awesome (yes - capital A Awesome). It's Goal, Motivation & Conflict by Debra Dixon. If you have a writerly bent of any kind be it novels, screenplays, whatever...this is a must read. No kidding. It may be saving my plot as we speak. I'm serious. I won't bore you with my plot trauma, but trust me it was there and between this book and the genius that is Clint Johnson (thank you, thank you, thank you, Clint) I may have found my tree in the forest or my forest in the trees - however that works. Problem solved is the point. 'Nuff said. I thank you all - now, go read, write or view some creativeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment