Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Monday, June 14, 2010

"The A-Team" Rocks!!!!!

Someone told me, Saturday, when I said I couldn't wait to go see this movie, that it was getting terrible reviews. So - reviewers be damned...this movie rocks! I went yesterday (Sunday) and I loved every minute of it. I wish I could go see it again right now.

The cast: Liam Neeson as Hannibal (amazing -hello? It's Liam Neeson), Bradley Cooper as Face (OMG - he's as hot or hotter than Dirk Benedict was), Rampage Jackson as BA Barracus (he's adorable in this really menacing way - so good), and Sharlto Copley as Murdock (did you see this guy in District 9? He was amazing in that, which if you haven't seen - DO! And he's amazing in this). Add to that awesome list - Jessica Biel as an Army Captain chasing the boys down (eye candy for the guys and she's good), Patrick Wilson as a CIA dude (way cute, funny and so charming) and Gerald McRaney as an Army General. And, what's not to love?

The action: Good grief! Crazy insane awesome summer blockbuster action. (I do need to go see this again - soon). Flying tanks, helicopters, car chases, huge planes, boats, motorcycles - wicked good fun.

The story: This, by the way, is where I was told it was lacking. I disagree. As a fan of the original TV show, the story is great - I understood it perfectly - I didn't think there were any holes. It has the same spirit and feel of the original. And, I love it when a plan comes together! Check it out troops...

No comments:

Post a Comment