Welcome ya'll,

Thanks for checking out my blog. This is mostly my own crazy thoughts on a variety of subjects, but primarily they will be about movies, tv, and books. Being a movie junkie, rabid reader, and TV show-aholic, this blog is just another excuse to feed my addictions. [a quiet 'yay me']. Hope you enjoy, Clancy Metzger

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"Date Night" and "Grown Ups"

I'm going to start with the lesser of the two...

Grown Ups with Adam Sandler, David Spade, Kevin James, Chris Rock, and Rob Schneider is good, but not great - perhaps I am not the right demographic though. There is a lot of sophomoric humor and typically I'm a huge fan of these guys and there brand of humor. It's not that I didn't laugh or that I didn't enjoy the movie. I did. I just didn't love it. It does have a kind of nice message interwoven into the barrage of testosterone driven idiocy. This is not an insult, people - just an observation. Like I said - typically a fan. This could certainly wait to be seen on DVD or even cable when you get around to it.

Date Night on the other hand - and I am the perfect demographic - I loved. I was laughing throughout the movie. It was exciting, fun, and the relationship thread is honest and relate-able. Steve Carrell and Tina Fey are hilarious and should do lots of movies together in my opinion. Mark Wahlberg is hot - duh. It has a solid supporting cast too including Taraji P. Henson, Ray Liotta, and Michael Fichtner. And a stellar bunch of cameos including James Franco, Mila Kunis, Kristin Wiig, and Mark Ruffalo. For a romantic comedy, it has a particularly awesome car chase scene. See it, see it, see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment